HOPE Employment Ministry
Our mission is to provide technical and emotional support for those who are unemployed, or who seek to improve their current employment status. Through networking, improving job-seeking skills, and morale encouragement, we assist those of all faiths, and all communities, to realize their full potential in the job market.
Here’s what the ministry does:
- offers support and inspiration to others
- offers practical job hunting information
- shares the expertise and experience of others
- offers networking opportunities with others
- shares job search techniques
- shares information to aid job-seekers in finding employment
- share job leads as they become available
Here’s how you can help:
- plan the meetings
- contact and arrange for guest speakers
- advertise the meetings (local newspapers, local TV stations, area church bulletins, and by word of mouth)
- listen to and support meeting attendees
- share experience and information with meeting attendees
- spread the word
Please contact Mary Lou Sipple at (708) 738-5905
The Hope Employment Support Ministry first began in 2001 at St. Mary’s Parish in Mokena as St. Joseph the worker ministry. One year later, the group changed its name to the St. Mary Employment Support Ministry. To serve an even larger community it joined forces in 2006 with a similar group at St. Elizabeth Seton in Orland Hills. During their first year, the Hope Employment Support Ministry was presented with the Christifideles Award from the Archdiocese of Chicago for their exemplary service to the parish. Since that time HOPE has enjoyed support from people of many faiths in the surrounding communities.
The HOPE Employment Support Ministry meetings are held on the first Tuesday of every month, from 7:00pm to 9:00pm at St. Elizabeth Seton Parish Center at 167th and 94th Ave in Orland Hills.